on our website (computer or mobile device). This policy provides you with information about the Cookies on our website and your choices about using them.
“Absen”, “we” or “us” means Absen Inc. a public limited liability company incorporated under 7120 Lake Ellenor Dr. Orlando, FL 32809 and its subsidiaries.
“you” means the users of the Website.
1.4 What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are installed on your browser, computer or mobile device. They allow a website to recognise your device. Cookies can serve several purposes: to ensure that the website takes the user’s preferences into account by storing language preferences, passwords and log-in details, to collect statistical data and adapt the content.
1.5 Which similar technologies do we use?
1.6 Which cookies do we use?
• Category 1 - strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required to save your session and to carry out other activities that are strictly necessary for the operation of the Website. We use security cookies to ensure the security of the Website.
• Category 2 - analytical/ performance/ marketing cookies. Subject to your consent, we (mainly) use third party cookies from companies such as Hotjar, Google Analytics etc. to understand how users arrive on the Website and how they interact with us on the Website. We also use these cookies to understand how our media campaigns work. This information is used to evaluate and improve the content of the Website and our campaigns and ultimately to improve user experience. In addition, they may be used to (i) deliver advertisements more relevant to your interests, (ii) to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, (iii) to help measure the effectiveness of an advertisement campaign, and (iv) to understand user’s behaviour after having seen an advertisement. These cookies collect information about your visit and use of the Website such as the pages you visit the most and the error messages you may get from web pages.
Please find a detailed list of the analytical/performance/marketing cookies we use on the Website below:
• Google Analytics
On our behalf Google will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the Website, to assemble reports for us about the activities of the Website and to offer further services connected with the use of the Website or the internet.
The data sent by us and linked with cookies, user data (e.g. user ID) or advertising IDs will be automatically deleted after 14 months. The deletion of data, whose retention period expired, takes place once a month.
Moreover, you can prevent that Google gathers and processes data (cookies and IP address) by download and install a Browser-Plug-In available here:
Cookies used by Google Analytics:
Name Purpose Expiry
• _gid Registers an unambiguous ID which is used to generate statistical data concerning the use of the website by the user. 2 years
• _gat This cookie is associated with Google Universal Analytics. It is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after a maximum of 10 minutes. 10 minutes max
• AMP_TOKEN Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. 30 seconds to 1 year
• _gac_<property-id> Stores campaign information in order to enable Google Ads to measure the interactions customers have with us. Analytics writes campaign information to the _gac cookie when a user opens a page on Website via a URL that employs Google Ads auto-tagging. 90 days
• __utmc This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behavior and measure site performance. It can be used in combination with the __utmb cookie to identify new sessions/visits for returning visitors. When used by Google Analytics this is always a Session cookie which is destroyed when the user closes their browser. Where it is seen as a Persistent cookie it is therefore likely to be a different technology setting the cookie. End of browser session
• __utmt Used to throttle request rate. 10 minutes
• __utmv This is an optional additional cookie which enables website operators to track visitor behavior and measure site performance. This cookie is used when the website operator creates visitor-level variables to customize analytics preferences. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics. It has a default lifespan of two years, although this can be customized by site owners. 2 years from set/update
• __utmx Used to determine a user's inclusion in an experiment. 18 months
• __utmxx Used to determine the expiry of experiments a user has been included in. 18 months
• _gaexp Used to determine a user's inclusion in an experiment and the expiry of experiments a user has been included in. Depends on the length of the experiment, but typically 90 days.
• _opt_awcid Used for campaigns mapped to Google Ads Customer IDs. 24 hours
• _opt_awmid Used for campaigns mapped to Google Ads Campaign IDs. 24 hours
• _opt_awgid Used for campaigns mapped to Google Ads Ad Group IDs 24 hours
• _opt_awkid Used for campaigns mapped to Google Ads Criterion IDs 24 hours
• _opt_utmc Stores the last utm_campaign query parameter. 24 hours
Cookies used by Hotjar:
Name Purpose Expiry
• _hjClosedSurveyInvites This cookie is set once a visitor interacts with Survey invitation modal popup. It is used to ensure that the same invite does not re-appear if it has already been shown. 365 days
• _hjDonePolls This cookie is set once a visitor completes a poll using the Feedback Poll widget. It is used to ensure that the same poll does not re-appear if it has already been filled in. 365 days
• _hjMinimizedPolls This cookie is set once a visitor minimizes a Feedback Poll widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimizes when the visitor navigates through your site. 365 days
• _hjDoneTestersWidgets This cookie is set once a visitor submits their information in the Recruit User Testers widget. It is used to ensure that the same form does not re-appear if it has already been filled in. 365 days
• _hjIncludedInSample This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels. 365 days
• _hjShownFeedbackMessage This cookie is set when a visitor minimizes or completes Incoming Feedback. This is done so that the Incoming Feedback will load as minimized immediately if they navigate to another page where it is set to show. 365 days
• _hjid This cookie is set when the customer first lands on a page with the Hotjar script. It is used to persist the Hotjar User ID, unique to that site on the browser. This ensures that behaviour in subsequent visits to the same site will be attributed to the same user ID. 365 days
• Google AdWords
Google AdWords enables us to advertise the Website in Google search results, as well as on third-party websites. Google places a cookie in the browser of your terminal device. The cookie automatically uses a pseudonymous cookie ID on the pages you visit to allow interest-based advertising.
Further information regarding advertising and Google can be viewed at: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
Cookies used by Google AdWords:
Name Purpose Expiry
• FLC These cookies carry out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the website. 1.5 years
• 1P_JAR These cookies carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the website. 1 month
• DV This cookie is used to save the user's preferences and other information. This includes in particular the preferred language, the number of search results to be displayed on the page as well as the decision as to whether the Google SafeSearch filter should be activated or not. 7 minutes
• TAID Used to link your activity across devices if you’ve previously signed in to your Google Account on another device. Google does this to coordinate the ads you see across devices and measure conversion events. These cookies may be set on the domains google.com/ads, google.com/ads/measurement, or googleadservices.com. 1.5 years
• exchange_uid This cookie is used to enable user to share pages through third party social networking websites. 1 year
• _gac Sometimes advertising cookies may be set on the domain of the site you’re visiting. In the case of advertising Google serves across the web, cookies (e.g., cookies named ‘__gads’ or ‘__gac’) may be set on the domain of the site you’re visiting. Unlike cookies that are set on Google’s own domains, these cookies can’t be read by Google when you’re on a site other than the one on which they were set. They serve purposes such as measuring interactions with the ads on that domain and preventing the same ads from being shown to you too many times. Approximately 1 year
• ‘__gcl’ Main purpose is to help advertisers determine how many times people who click on their ads end up taking an action on their site (e.g., making a purchase). This cookie allows Google and the advertiser to determine that you clicked the ad and later visited the advertiser’s site. Conversion cookies are not used by Google for personalized ad targeting and persist for a limited time only. Some of Google’s other cookies may be used to measure conversion events as well. For example, Google Marketing Platform and Google Analytics cookies may also be used for this purpose. 2 years
• SSID This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website. 2 years
• SIDCC This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website. Session
• APISID This DoubleClick cookie is generally set through the site by advertising partners, and used by them to build a profile of the website visitor's interests and show relevant ads on other sites. This cookie works by uniquely identifying your browser and device. 1 ½ years
• HSID This cookie is set by DoubleClick (which is owned by Google) to build a profile of the website visitor's interests and show relevant ads on other sites. 1 year
• UULE This is one of the cookies that are used to collect information about how visitors use Website. Google uses the information to compile reports and to help improve the Website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from and the pages they visited. 1 day
• Bing Ads
Microsoft Bing Ads places a cookie on your computer if you reach the Website by clicking on a Microsoft Bing advertisement. These cookies generally expire in 180 days and cannot identify a user personally. We also use Bing Ads to allow us to present our advertisements at the top of the results page for certain search engines.
Cookies used by Bing Ads:
Name Purpose Retention
• MSFPC Identifies unique web browsers visiting Microsoft sites. These cookies are used for advertising, site analytics, and other operational purposes. generally 180 days
• ANON. Contains the ANID, a unique identifier derived from your Microsoft account, which is used for advertising, personalization, and operational purposes. It is also used to preserve your choice to opt out of interest-based advertising from Microsoft if you have chosen to associate the opt-out with your Microsoft account. generally 180 days
• MR. Used to collect information for analytics purposes. generally 180 days
• MH. Appears on co-branded sites where Microsoft is partnering with an advertiser. This cookie identifies the advertiser to select the right ad. generally 180 days
• TOptOut. Records your decision not to receive interest-based advertising delivered by Microsoft. generally 180 days
• DoubleClick by Google
(2) Due to the use of the Marketing-Tools your browser is establishing an automatic connection with the Google server. We have no impact on the scope and the further use of data which Google collects using the above-mentioned tool and want to inform you about our respective state of knowledge: By the usage of DoubleClick Google receives information that you called up a relevant part of our web presence or clicked on our ad. So long as you are registered to Google services, Google can assign your visit to your profile. If you are not registered to Google, especially not logged in, there exists the possibility that the service provider recognised and saved your IP address.
(3) Further information on DoubleClick by Google is available on:
• https://www.google.de/doubleclick; and
• Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) on http://www.networkadvertising.org
Cookies used by DoubleClick:
Name Purpose Retention
• IDE This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website. 1.5 years
• APISID These DoubleClick cookies are generally set through the site by advertising partners and used by them to build a profile of the website visitor's interests and show relevant ads on other sites. These cookies work by uniquely identifying your browser and device. 2 years
• DSID Used to link your activity across devices if you’ve previously signed in to your Google Account on another device. Google does this to coordinate the ads you see across devices and measure conversion events. These cookies may be set on the domains google.com/ads, google.com/ads/measurement, or googleadservices.com. 1.5 years
• HSID This cookie is set by DoubleClick to build a profile of the website visitor's interests and show relevant ads on other sites. 1 year
• Category 3 - functional cookies. Subject to your consent, we use functional cookies to allow a site to remember the choices you make (such as your language preference) so as to provide more enhanced, personal service. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites and they do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet besides our sites.
Please find a detailed list of the functional cookies we use on the Website below:
Functional Cookies used by the website.
Name Purpose Retention
• asp ASP cookies are used to store information specific to a visitor of your website. This cookie is stored to the user's computer until manually deleted by the user. n/a
• Category 4 Social Sharing Cookies/Social Plugins. Subject to your consent, we use social sharing cookies from Oracle, Facebook and LinkedIn to enable you to share any content of interest on social networks and sometimes we may present some targeted advertisements on these networks based on your interaction with the Website.
Please find a detailed list of the Social Sharing Cookies we use on the Website below:
(1) Our Website contains AddThis-plug-ins, which are provided by Oracle. These plug-ins enable you to set bookmarks, especially sharing content of your interest with other users on social networking platforms. At the same time, they allow us to improve our offers and shape them according to your interests.
(2) Subject to your consent, your browser is establishing an automatic connection with the servers of AddThis, and where applicable, with the chosen social network or bookmarking service. The recipient is informed on the content of our website that you want to share, as well as with detailed information on your visit. The information will be processed by Oracle’s servers, which are located in the United States of America. If you share the content of our Website to a social network or bookmarking service, a connection between a visit on our Website and your user profile in the respective networks may be established. We have neither full control on the collected data and the way it is processed, nor are we fully aware of the extent of the respective data processing, the purpose of it or the respective retention period. Also, no information regarding the deletion of the collected data has been made available to us by Oracle.
(3) Oracle stores the collected data in the form of user profiles and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or user-interests-based shaping of its website. The above-mentioned analysis of the collected data is utilized (also for logged-out users) in particular for the display of interests-based advertisements, as well as to inform other users on the social networking platform about your activities on our Website. You may object to Oracle against the establishment of such a user profile.
(4) Further information on the purpose, scope and processing of the collected data by Oracle, as well on your respective data subject rights may be accessed under the following link:
• You may contact Oracle’s Data Protection Officer for any inquiries or complaints regarding Addthis by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• or writing to Oracle at the address below and providing your full name and address:
Global Data Protection Officer
10 Van de Graaff Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Cookies used by AddThis Bookmarking:
Name Purpose Expiry
• di2 Keeps track of expiry dates of other cookies implemented by AddThis. 13 months
• loc Determines the geographical location of the users that share information with AddThis (Geolocation). 13 months
• ssh Enables users to email or share with connected friends the address of the shared website together with an accompanying message. 13 months
• ouid Assists in tracking user interactions with the embedded sharing buttons and monitor the usage of such buttons. 13 months
• uid Provides a uniquely assigned, machine-generated user ID and gathers data about activity on the website. This data may be sent to a 3rd party for analysis and reporting. 13 months
• um Registers the content shared by the user via social media. 13 months
• uvc Detects how often the social sharing service encounters a given user. 13 months
• xtc Anonymously tracks user behaviour on websites where the AddThis tool is implemented. 13 months
• Facebook Pixel
This allows users’ behaviour to be tracked after users have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us. We use pixel data to make sure ads are being shown to the right people and to build advertising audience.
If you wish to disable Facebook cookies on your browser, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
Cookies used by Facebook Pixel:
Name Purpose Retention
fr General tracking purposes. 3 months
c_user The c_user cookie contains the user ID of the currently logged in user. The lifetime of this cookie is dependent on the status of the ‘keep me logged in’ checkbox. If the ‘keep me logged in’ checkbox is set, the cookie expires after 30 days of inactivity. If the ‘keep me logged in’ checkbox is not set, the cookie is a session cookie and will therefore be cleared when the browser exits 30 days/session
datr The purpose of the datr cookie is to identify the web browser being used to connect to Facebook independent of the logged in user. This cookie plays a key role in Facebook’s security and site integrity features. The datr cookie generation and setting code has been reviewed and it has been confirmed that the execution path followed in the case of a request for social plugin content does not set the datr cookie. 2 years
presence The presence cookie is used to contain the user’s chat state. For example, which chat tabs are open. Session
wd This cookie stores the browser window dimensions and is used by Facebook to optimise the rendering of the page. Session
xs This cookie contains multiple pieces of information, separated by colon. The first value is an up to two-digit number representing the session number. The second portion of the value is a session secret. The third, optional component is a ‘secure’ flag for if the user has enabled the secure browsing feature. The lifetime of this cookie is dependent on the status of the ‘keep me logged in’ checkbox. If the ‘keep me logged in’ checkbox is set, the cookie expires after 30 days of inactivity. If the ‘keep me logged in’ checkbox is not set, the cookie is a session cookie. 30 days/Session
dpr This cookie is used by Facebook for performance. End of session
sb Used by Facebook to improve friend suggestions 2 years
spin This is a Facebook cookie used for re-targeting, optimisation, reporting and attribution of online adverts. 1 day and 1 hour
fbp Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers. 2 hours
• LinkedIn Ads
We use the LinkedIn Ads cookie to track the outcome of LinkedIn advertising. This cookie is an analytic tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of advertising by understanding the actions people take on the Website. LinkedIn uses cookie data to allow login to LinkedIn on the Website and/or to enable the LinkedIn 'share' feature. If you wish to disable LinkedIn cookies on your browser, please visit https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out.
Cookies used by LinkedIn Ads:
Name Purpose Retention
• BizoID This is a Microsoft MSN 1st party cookie to enable user-based content. 6 months
• BizoData BizoData cookies store data concerning the demographic company profile and is anonymous for users. Demographic company data may include anonymous codes for demographic company data such as the size of the company, the industry, professional position and seniority, but do not include identifiable personal information. 6 months
• BizoUserMatchHistory This cookie records the last time the cookie IDs were synchronized with a given authorized network partner and are part of the LinkedIn server to server data integration solution. 6 months
• BizoNetworkPartnerIndex The Bizographic information generated by the accounts of authorized LinkedIn data providers are shared with the network partners of authorized third parties. This cookie tracks which network partners have received the data for a given user. 6 months
1.7 Absen’s Fanpage
By clicking on the Facebook button on the Absen Website, you will be forwarded to the Fanpage. We determine the purposes and goals of the data processing taking place on this Fanpage jointly with Facebook Ireland Limited and are therefore jointly responsible according to Article 26 GDPR. For details on our joint responsibility, please see below.
(A) How Absen processes your data
(1) Description and extent of data processing of Facebook Insights:
Facebook Ireland Limited (“Facebook”) provides us with “Facebook Insights” which is implemented on all Facebook Fanpages. Based on parameters and time frames Facebook provides us with statistical information. This statistical data contains various information on the following user categories:
• our fans: User, who “liked” our Fanpage;
• reached user: User who were shown our posts within the last 28 days; and
• involved user: User who “liked” our posts within the last 28 days, who commented or shared them or came into contact with our Fanpage.
From this data we cannot identify certain persons. This statistical data contains various information, for example on:
• the activities and interactions (e.g. clicks, views), “Likes” and reports about our Site, our advertisements, our posts and our events;
• the number and time of activity of our subscribers and visitors as well as statistical information about age, gender, country and city of the user and the language which the user speaks. If employed by a user, the name of the user;
• video statistics; and
• received and sent messages.
(2) Purpose of the data processing:
By using statistical data we gain statistical knowledge about how our Fanpage is used. This enables us to track user behaviour in order to analyse it for business purposes like establishing of trade marks, increase of a connection to the community and communication.
(3) Legal basis of the data processing:
Before you enter our Fanpage we need your consent in order to process your above-mentioned data for the respective purposes.
(B) How Facebook processes your data
If you visit our Fanpage, Facebook collects and processes various personal data which is gathered by using cookies or other tracking technology and was provided by you or third persons. This can be for example personal data in order to compile statistics for Facebook Insights, to provide options to measure or analyse for advertisers, for market research and to personalize characteristics and contents. Facebook forwards this data to other companies within the Facebook Group and to third parties and transfers it to third countries outside of the European Union, for example the United States. More information on the extent and purpose as well as the legal basis of the data processing by Facebook and your options to control the data processing by Facebook can be found here:
• The cookie policies https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies;
• And the information on the advertising settings: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
(C) Joint Controller
Absen and Facebook are Joint Controller as concerns the data processing of personal data on the Fanpage. Facebook bears the primary responsibility for the processing of personal data in accordance with the GDPR and fulfils all duties concerning the processing as outlined in the GDPR. These include the following, which is not a conclusive list:
• present you a transparent description of the data processing (Art. 12 and 13 GDPR);
• support you when exercising your rights like right to access, deletion, amendment or transfer of your personal data as well as limitation or opposition against data processing (Art. 15 to 22 GDPR);
• warrant the security of the processing (Art. 32 GDPR); and
• inform you or the responsible supervisory authorities in case of a data breach concerning your personal data (Art. 33 and 34 GDPR).
This joint responsibility does not limit your exercise of the above-mentioned rights in any way. Each request concerning the processing of your personal data by our Fanpage can be also addressed to us or Facebook (Art. 26 para 3 GDPR).
Hereinafter you will find the addresses of Facebook and the websites on which the most current privacy policies of Facebook as well as more details to the arrangement between Facebook and Absen concerning joint controllership can be found:
• Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin D02;
1.8 Withdrawing consent?
You can also use your browser settings to generally block cookies, remove existing cookies or change your cookie settings. However please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website.
For more information on deleting or blocking cookies, please also visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.