The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for maintaining Company financial transactions by providing Finance support in the areas of GL, AR/AP, payroll and other related areas. The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for recording financial related transactions, then compiling and preparing financial reports. This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Assist the Accounting Supervisor in the daily, monthly and annual operations of the Finance department.
- Analyze data by developing spreadsheet reports detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected Company financial position.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Ensure all expenses, receipts and other accounting transactions for the period are accurately recorded.
- Review financial information to ensure compliance with established procedures and accounting principles.
- Answer accounting and Finance related questions; research open accounting issues; recognize potential issues and/or conflicts.
- Participate in budget and forecasting functions.
- Prepare and distribute financial statements, bank reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Coordinate accounts payable process – review invoice coding and approvals.
- Keep job knowledge current by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and/or participating in professional organizations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management of which the employee is capable of performing.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks highly desired and/or comparable software experience.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to keep Company information confidential.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to lift up to 15lbs consecutively
Education Requirements & Experience:
- Associates’ degree required (Bachelor’s preferred) in Accounting, Finance or related fields, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1+ years of Accounting or Finance experience preferred, but willing to consider recent graduates.
- Able to understand, speak, and write English language
- Able to understand and speak the Chinese language (preferred but not required)
- Main Office: 7120 Lake Ellenor Drive, Orlando, FL 32809
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Absen is an Equal Opportunity Employer