Job Description: The Technical Support Engineer will perform a variety of complex technical tasks needed to support customers with basic troubleshooting capabilities designed to isolate and resolve LED issues experienced. In addition, non-field repairable items once identified will be processed as an RMA (Return Material Authorization) and managed through the repair and return process.
• Provide daily technical (troubleshooting) phone support for all Absen customers.
• Provide access to technical manuals, collateral, SW/FW, work instructions as needed.
• Provide technical advice regarding the technology and engineering of our products in order to promote, support, and service the sale of our products.
• Identify and manage and coordinate the service RMA process (client, tools and process) for full RMA cycle and return.
• Manage RMAs and tech support calls via assigned tracking tools.
• Complete applicable administration in relation to the above related activities.
• Evolve technical database repository for tech support use. (Problem/Solution Tree) management.
• Provide RMA / Tech support health reporting as needed by management.
• Conduct routing tests and solve mechanical or electronic problems involved in the operation of the products.
• Assist in Customer satisfaction surveys.
• Service Data Analytics compiling, reporting and planning.
• Escalation management process (when applicable).
• Management of assigned tasks.
• Must have ability to break down complex problems into manageable parts and a thorough understanding of parts’ roots and relationship to other parts.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to work with a high level of integrity with minimal supervision.
• Performs all other duties assigned that the employee is capable of performing.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Preferred AS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical related area plus 1 year minimum experience or equivalent technical training and 2+ years of LED/AV service and support experience.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
• Trouble-shooting skills related to electrical hardware and computer software.
• Expert level service professional with ability to work with a high level of integrity and with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated ability to use sound independent judgment.
• Advanced computer and networking skills.
• Technical Help desk, Network Operation Center (NOC) experience.
• Ability and experience working with phone system, excel, word, access, power point, ERP/CRM systems.
• AV industry or CTS certifications a plus.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs consecutively.
Work Location & Travel Requirements:
• Orlando Warehouse: 7307 Presidents Drive, Orlando, FL 32809.
• Orlando Office: 7120 Lake Ellenor Drive Orlando, FL 32809.
• Must travel to fulfill job duties and responsibilities as needed.
• Valid driver’s license required.
Absen offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, sick leave, holiday pay and paid time off.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Absen is an Equal Opportunity Employer