Under limited supervision, perform a variety of complex technical tasks which includes LED troubleshooting capabilities designed to isolate and resolve LED issues experienced. Handle all repairs of failed components to ensure 100% operation of product/s via testing prior to returning to the client.
Following is a list of the job’s essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide daily technical troubleshooting and repairs of faulty parts.
- Test and validate all repairs once complete.
- Complete all system tracking of material used and hours performed per work order repair.
- Coordinate with Technical Support Engineer/Lead on services performed so costs can be applied towards warranty or service work order.
- Manage all repair tasks assigned.
- Complete applicable administration in relation to the above related activities.
- Evolve technical database repository for tech support use. (Problem/Solution Tree) management.
- Provide RMA / Tech support health reporting as needed by management.
- Conduct routing tests and solve mechanical or electronic problems involved in the operation of the products.
- Streamline efficiencies through organization of repair work stations.
- Complete proper tagging and movement of material in and out of repair center.
- Work with material management / warehouse team for logistics and proper packaging of repaired parts.
Must have ability to break down complex problems into manageable parts and a thorough understanding of parts’ roots and relationship to other parts. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form. Ability to work with a high level of integrity and minimal supervision.
Required Education and Experience:
- Preferred AS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical service repair certification or other technical related area plus 1 year minimum experience or equivalent technical training and 2+ years of LED/AV service center and repair center experience.
- Trouble-shooting skills related to electrical hardware and computer software.
- Soldering, Heat guns, circuit board repairs, mechanical repair, electrical repair and optical repair experience.
- Complex system circuit level repairs such as LED, LCD, CRT, Projection, Servers, lighting elements, moving heads, etc.
- Expert level service professional with ability to work with a high level of integrity and with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to use sound independent judgment.
- Intermediate computer and networking skills.
- Ability and experience working with excel, word, access, power point, ERP/CRM systems.
- Managing work orders, quality assurance processes and documentation.
- AV industry or CTS certifications a plus.
- Proficiency or fluency in additional languages is preferred, but not required.
Absen offers competitive salaries and benefits including health/dental/vision, holiday pay and paid time off.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Absen is an Equal Opportunity Employer