Job Description: The Sales Engineer expands the Company’s reach through acquisition of new clients and business. The Sales Engineer actively identifies, pursues and engages in building relationships with current and new clients. A Sales Engineer must have LED industry and market knowledge and be able to effectively communicate the Company’s brand and product value in such a way as to elicit a favorable reaction from target customers.
We are looking to hire Sales Engineers for many locations (Canada, Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, South Central, Midwest, Southwest & Northwest). If you are in this region or willing to relocate you may be a good candidate.
- Meets sales revenue target for specific region.
- Fosters and develops relationships with current and potential clients, as well as vendors.
- Assist with getting clients and vendors to participate in ACE training.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Must be persistent and disciplined in all work.
- Able to handle fast pace and high volume of activity.
- Must have technical skills, and ability to understand LED products and parts.
- Has great presentation skills, and can effectively sell the product to a customer through presentations, tours, and showing them the product.
- Makes regular phone calls and emails to current customers to keep in touch with them, as well as contacting potential clients and vendors.
- Expand base and bring in new clients.
- Travels as needed to meet with current and potential clients.
- Travels as needed to China headquarters.
- Travels as needed to attend trade shows, trainings, conferences, and other company events.
- Identify potential new markets and customers and their
- Makes accurate sales calculations and sales quotations of current
- Attends tradeshows, trainings, conferences and events to promote the company, network and bring in new clients.
- Keeps record of sales orders.
- Reports to, and works with corresponding Senior Sales Engineer and Territory Sales Manager.
- Works with Customer Service department to help facilitate DEMO requests.
- Works with Warehouse department to ensure products are shipped to clients on time.
- Maintains professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Prepares reports for sales and maintains expense accounts.
- Updates and maintains accounts of customers including contact names and numbers for future sales.
- Follows up with clients on orders, payments and track the process from start to finish.
- Preforms all other duties assigned to them of which the employee is capable of preforming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to give compelling sales pitches
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to relate to, and effectively communicate professionally with all levels of resources (i.e. Senior Management, colleagues, contingent workers, clients, vendors, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines
- Must have expert knowledge on all Absen products
- Positive and upbeat attitude
- Ability to take initiative and seek out new business
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with current clients
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Ability to identify wants and needs of target customers
- Legally authorized to work in the S.
- Must be able to lift, up to 20lbs consecutively
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelors’ degree, Engineering degree preferred
- Must have minimum 2 years’ experience with AV/LED
- Orlando office and warehouse
- SZ Headquarters
- May be required to work overtime and flexible hours on an as needed basis
- May be required to travel throughout the year for business meetings, tradeshows, trainings, demos, and other business-related events
Absen offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, sick leave, holiday pay and paid time off.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Absen is an Equal Opportunity Employer