The Field Application Engineer is responsible for acting as a technical sales engineer; participates in the sales process and development of accounts by answering customer’s technical questions and concerns; coordinating and managing the installation, and/or integration of LED products and solutions and related control equipment within his/her assigned territory and market segments.
- Meets or exceeds assigned territory sales target by helping territory sales or key account managers maintain and grow sales for current accounts.
- Interprets customer needs, identifies, and implements total product solutions.
- Assists marketing department to prepare product manuals, demonstration videos, and other technical promotional materials.
- Coordinate with customer service managers and act as frontline for technical support
- Identifies and works with territory sales team to enhance customer interaction and satisfaction throughout the sales process.
- Maintains and enhances technical knowledge of LED display products and solutions.
- Reviews and prepares RFPs or sections of RFPs as assigned.
- Travels frequently and as needed to customer/client locations; is responsible for maintain current passport.
- Establishes and manages schedules to meet critical dates.
- Oversees installation of LED video products and solutions.
- Provides on-site construction management including licensing and permits, maintaining project schedules, ensuring safety program compliance, supervising installations, managing operator training and documentation, and managing maintenance training and documentation.
- Directs event day coordination including, but not limited to operator support, technical support, and display content.
- Manages project acceptance including the creation of punch lists and schedules for completion and extended maintenance/service plans.
- Conducts demonstrations of company products at site visits, trade shows, meetings and as directed.
- Answers all technical questions asked by customers and identify customer’s need.
- Making drawings: screen connections power.
- Provides back-up for completing quotations when sales team is off-shift or unavailable.
- Teaches technical training program classes including, but not limited to ACE (Absen Certified Engineer), and hosts technical training and case studies online
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management of which the employee is capable of performing.
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable parts
- Thorough understanding of parts’ roots and relationship to other parts
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to work with a high level of integrity with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with customers in a professional manner
- Expert level service professional with ability to work with a high level of integrity and with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to use sound independent judgment
- Advanced computer and networking skills
- Must be willing and able to travel 50% of the time
- Trouble-shooting skills related to electronics
- Ability to operate digital and analog oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, pulse generators, meters and other electronic instruments
- Ability to work from schematics or rough sketches
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs consecutively
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree in either Computer Science, Engineering or other technical related area
- 3-5 years’ minimum experience or equivalent technical training
- 6-10+ years of LED/AV service and support experience
- Trouble-shooting skills related to electrical hardware and computer software
- AV industry or CTS certification a plus
- Orlando Office & Warehouse
- Required to travel to fulfil job duties
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency of fluency in additional languages is preferred but not required
Absen offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid time off, sick leave, flexible working schedules, life insurance, and short term and long term disability.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Absen is an Equal Opportunity Employer