Job Description: The CFO works alongside the President, US Executives and Absen HQ to achieve company goals. The CFO will analyze, develop and implement long-term strategies for continual growth. They will also lead and manage the Finance and Accounting department.
Strategy, Planning, and Management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to the senior executive leadership team.
- Provides direction, technical expertise, and coordination on preparation and implementation of global transfer pricing strategies.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of the organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Absen HQ, this includes the entire Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors, and investors.
- Work with HR on recruiting, interviewing, and hiring Finance and Accounting staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring the department in line with Absen HQ and President’s strategic plans, initiatives, and recommendations.
- Design and implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by the senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget. Manage the financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation, and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in conference calls with Absen HQ and US Executive Leadership Team.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration, and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, audit and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for Absen HQ.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Ensure Absen Inc fulfill China HQ audit guideline compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Work with HR to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Hire, develop, and manage accounting managers and staff.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with Absen HQ & Finance Controller.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Lead all aspects of the mergers and acquisitions and divestiture processes including valuation, due diligence, negotiation of the purchase agreement and integration of acquisition targets.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage with Absen HQ directors to develop short term and long-term plans, projections, and budgets.
- Represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
Finance and Accounting Team Management
- Mentor and develop finance and accounting team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams within Absen HQ and Absen US.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP, approve large payables, authorize large wires and ACHs.
- Supervise accounts receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Required
- 3 years minimum experience as a CFO in an international or publicly traded corporation.
- 10+ years total accounting or finance experience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP and legal compliance.
- Hands-on SAP Systems experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Credible financial history and a strong adherence to ethical standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to articulate. (English & Mandarin)
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of projects and assignments recommendations and solutions in a concise and timely manner.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs consecutively.
Work Location & Travel Requirements:
- Orlando Office: 7120 Lake Ellenor Drive Orlando, FL 32809.
- Travel to Absen HQ in Shenzhen, China as needed.
- Travel to fulfill job duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Absen offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, dental, vision, insurance, holiday pay, sick pay and paid time off.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to:
Absen is an Equal Opportunity Employer